We believe that the technology associated with modern residential and commercial buildings is so fundamental to delivering social, economical and environmental benefits, that the traditional aspects of electrical, audio-video and security integration have changed completely.
Our team of expert designers, integration and security technicians work across the entire spectrum using the latest in technology to deliver outstanding solutions for the most discerning clients.
We are Western Canada’s leading provider of complete technology system design and installation, including automation, lighting, A/V, power shading and security and AI. Wenner is an experienced dealer for major automation and security platforms. We design, integrate and program some of the most advanced homes and businesses in Western Canada.
Due to increased demand by businesses and individual homeowners we are looking for a recent graduate or a new to market skilled individual, who can add resources and value to the role of Junior Technology Designer’ Working collaboratively with our design team and specifiers, in particular Lead Project Manager.
Your main tasks will include:
- Assisting in the generation of technology design drawings and other documentation
- Creating CAD design drawings for electrical and audio/video and security
- Building Proposals for tenders and individual contracts using pricing software
- Supporting specification and procurement of technology components
- Maintaining, refining, and growing our company tech stack
- Automating workflows
- Integrating and customizing in house cloud-based software solutions
You will be a great fit if you have:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a comp-sci, technical trade, IT or engineering field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency with computer hardware, software, and networking
- Experience connecting and troubleshooting electronics
- Proficiency with CAD software (AutoCAD)
- Ability to organize, prioritize, maintain the high quality of work and quickly learn new skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and a sense of urgency in completing projects on time
- Ability to work well under pressure, as our projects are demanding, yet the team is extremely
- supportive and you are always backed-up
- Positive attitude, a can-do approach and willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as required
- Optimizing and applying best practices
- A self-starter able to work remotely or in an office as required
- Learning and evolving your technical capabilities
Additional Skills that would be beneficial but not required:
- Working with REST APIs